Our wellness in our relationships is inter related with what we consume. Healthy eating and looking after our bodies, mind and spirit are foremost in having quality relationships.
Vegan Gluten-free Nut-free Soy-free Recipe. Serves 2
- 1 can coconut milk or 1⅓ cup non dairy milk of choice
- ¾ to 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon ( or cardamom or other spices)
- a good dash of black pepper
- 1 tbsp orange preserves or zest of half a small orange
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or more to taste
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Heat 1 cup of the coconut milk, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, pepper over medium heat until just boiling. Take off heat.
- Add rest of the coconut milk, orange preserves, maple syrup and chia seeds and mix vigorously. Taste and adjust sweet, flavor if needed. Let it sit to cool completely for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Whisk the mixture vigorously again. The chia seeds should have expanded a bit and should distribute well. You can directly serve at this point or pour into serving containers and chill for more hydrated chia seeds and thicker pudding. Garnish with whipped coconut cream and candied ginger and serve.
Recipe by Vegan Richa at http://www.veganricha.com/2017/01/golden-milk-chia-pudding-orange-ginger.html