Our wellness in our relationships is inter related with what we consume. Healthy eating and looking after our bodies, mind and spirit are foremost in having quality relationships.
Vegan Gluten-free Nut-free Soy-free Recipe. Serves 2
- 1 can coconut milk or 1⅓ cup non dairy milk of choice
- ¾ to 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon ( or cardamom or other spices)
- a good dash of black pepper
- 1 tbsp orange preserves or zest of half a small orange
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or more to taste
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Heat 1 cup of the coconut milk, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, pepper over medium heat until just boiling. Take off heat.
- Add rest of the coconut milk, orange preserves, maple syrup and chia seeds and mix vigorously. Taste and adjust sweet, flavor if needed. Let it sit to cool completely for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Whisk the mixture vigorously again. The chia seeds should have expanded a bit and should distribute well. You can directly serve at this point or pour into serving containers and chill for more hydrated chia seeds and thicker pudding. Garnish with whipped coconut cream and candied ginger and serve.
The coconut aids to restore oxidative tissue damage and contains a source of healthy fats, proteins, and various vitamins and minerals.
Prep time: 5 mins
Ingredients for the mousse:
- Flesh of two young coconuts (about 1.5 cups)
- 18g cacao butter
- pinch vanilla seeds
- 3 TBSP coconut water
- 1 TBSP raw honey (or maple syrup if you want it vegan)
Ingredients for the strawberry mash:
- A handful of strawberries. Really, that’s all you need.
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- handful of whole strawberries
- handful of whole blueberries
- 2 TBSP coconut chips
- 2 TBSP coconut shreds (or more coconut chips)
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Melt the cacao butter in a small bowl atop a pot of slowly simmering water.
- Add the coconut flesh, vanilla seeds, honey, coconut water and melted cacao butter to a blender and blitz until you get a silky smooth cream. It’s a matter of seconds.
- Scoop the cream into a bowl and pop it in the fridge for 10 minutes to set.
- Mash the strawberries with a fork. Scoop half in one glass/bowl and half in another.
- Arrange the sliced strawberries on the sides of the glass/bowl.
- Scoop 1 full TBSP of the coconut cream in each glass, on top of the mashed strawberries.
- Top the cream with 1 TBSP of coconut shreds in each glass.
- Add few whole strawberries and blueberries.
- Top with the rest of the coconut cream, coconut chips, 2-3 strawberries and 2-3 blueberries.
- Generously sprinkle poppy seeds and chia seeds.
- Enjoy chilled.
Source: Tales of a kitchen