The coconut aids to restore oxidative tissue damage and contains a source of healthy fats, proteins, and various vitamins and minerals.
Ingredients for the mousse:
- Flesh of two young coconuts (about 1.5 cups)
- 18g cacao butter
- pinch vanilla seeds
- 3 TBSP coconut water
- 1 TBSP raw honey (or maple syrup if you want it vegan)
Ingredients for the strawberry mash:
- A handful of strawberries. Really, that’s all you need.
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- handful of whole strawberries
- handful of whole blueberries
- 2 TBSP coconut chips
- 2 TBSP coconut shreds (or more coconut chips)
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Melt the cacao butter in a small bowl atop a pot of slowly simmering water.
- Add the coconut flesh, vanilla seeds, honey, coconut water and melted cacao butter to a blender and blitz until you get a silky smooth cream. It’s a matter of seconds.
- Scoop the cream into a bowl and pop it in the fridge for 10 minutes to set.
- Mash the strawberries with a fork. Scoop half in one glass/bowl and half in another.
- Arrange the sliced strawberries on the sides of the glass/bowl.
- Scoop 1 full TBSP of the coconut cream in each glass, on top of the mashed strawberries.
- Top the cream with 1 TBSP of coconut shreds in each glass.
- Add few whole strawberries and blueberries.
- Top with the rest of the coconut cream, coconut chips, 2-3 strawberries and 2-3 blueberries.
- Generously sprinkle poppy seeds and chia seeds.
- Enjoy chilled.
Source: Tales of a kitchen